Apr 29, 2019

Mamma Monday: HOPE

Today I attended a luncheon hosted by the Junior League of Charlotte, of which I am a proud member. We serve our community and also develop the potential of women through leadership and other forms of trainings. The JLC has had a HUGE impact on my life professional and personally.

The speaker of the 'Working Lunch' was Elizabeth Smart.  A kidnapping survivor.  Her message was truly encouraging! I wanted to share with you some of the key points I took home with me today.

- Don't let the past or experiences define you.  Move forward, learn and grow.

- Never give up, Always have Hope.

- The love of a parent is unconditional.

Towards the end of her talk she shared that her Mother had told her that no matter what that she would always love her and knowing that gave her hope and strength to live.  Knowing that no matter what she did or what happened to her that her Mother would forever love her and be there for her gave her the drive and endurance to stay hopefully that she would one day return home to her.

Gals, I have to be honest, I teared up a bit.  Now that I'm a Mamma I couldn't imagine anything like that happening to baby Vivian Louise.  I get anxious when she's on concrete! BUT I do love her unconditionally and will do my very best to make sure she knows that every day.

What an honor to be a mother! #amen

More importantly I want to raise her to know that God loves her and to put her trust and faith in Him. Because of Him we have hope!

We all have past experiences and struggles.  I encourage each and every one of you to see the blessings that come from them.
Motherhood most certainly has it's own set of challenges.  But you can rest in God, knowing that He has a perfect plan with a purpose for you! He has blessed you with everything you need every day.
Enjoy even the hard days, because they're only this little once.


I wore this LWD (little white dress) and felt so sophisticated! While I get dressed every. single. day. Sundays are the most often the only day where I'm truly gussied up. And more than the dressing up, it was nice to network and connect with my friends.

Confession: I REALLY miss the corporate world. and I REALLY love being with my baby every day.  #thestruggleisreal #sacrifice

Dress Beautifully with Hope

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: