May 3, 2019

Pretty Palettes

TGIF! Gracious has it been hot this week.  Let me clear, I did say HOT! Down here in the South we often skip those transitional temperatures and just jump right up to hot.  Which means we've had to adjust our outside play time and my running schedule a bit.

Today we officially started prepping our garden. Talk about adding another domestic task to my list UGH but I'm trying to make the most of my time here at home and there was already a built in garden with raised beds so I really want to keep up the legacy the previous owners left us.
I've even been composting a bit. #woah
Bring on the mater sandwiches!

Carrying my heart on my hip

Another change now that I'm out of the office is that I wear a lot less make up.  I said less not none.  Let's be real I do not wake up looking like a pretty pretty princess.
I basically skip the eyeliner, lighter & less eyeshadow and a lipgloss/tinted balm.
I mastered a 5 min face b/c #momlife doesn't allow for a leisurely beauty routine.

An already put together palette of eyeshadows and face contour shades makes that 5 min face super easy.  And I like to change up the shades for summer and winter.

These are some palettes I think are just the ticket for a beauty  pick me up!

Eyes:

I have this one in 'Magnify'. The purples go great with my green eyes. The shadows themselves stay on great even when I don't use a primer, don't smear and are just pretty. And there is only 5 colors so that makes it easier and there aren't 5 other colors you'll never use.


You can't go wrong with a naked palette!  My fav is this one.  I've been using it for 6 years now.

Face:

This finishing powder palette creates pretty lighting over your face.  I'm very intrigued by this brand and it's pigments.  I may be try their blush too!


This is an all in one face palette.  Blush, bronzer and highlight. This one I like because it's doesn't have too much shimmer.  I believe it's important to tone done the highlight once you're in your mid 30's because you don't want to draw attention to any of those fine lines.  Remember in high school and college when we used to glitter our faces and chests??!! #blessourhearts


This face palette is super easy. Blush and bronzer with built in highlights in both.  This blush shade has been all the rage for years! I used to wear it all the time.

While I wear make up every day I don't have a big hoard in my vanity drawer.  A new palette to freshen things up is a nice treat :)

Dress Beautifully this Summer with a Little Color & Shimmer 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: