May 15, 2019

Summer Special Occasion Dress


When I think of a special occasion dress, I imagine a knee length cocktail dress made of heavier fabric with perhaps beading, shine and typically a unique neckline that shows a little skin. In the Summer, special occasions can often be outdoors like weddings, showers and evenings on vacation. In this case I love lighter fabrics, longer lengths and brighter accessories that keep you situationally appreciate while also pretty and comfortable.

So for your upcoming events in this Summer try a midi or maxi dress like this one that's made with light fabric, maybe some ruffles and a unique print.  Bring the 'fancy' with your shoes and accessories.  I also encourage you to select a dress this isn't such a statement that it's a one-time wear. That's not a good investment of your money or in your wardrobe.  What I mean is, make sure it's not so unique or embellished it can't be won't to several types of occasions whether they be day or night.

This dress I've had for a few years now and it's been to a wedding, a gals night out and on vacation.
Anthropolgie is a go-to for unique pieces!

I like this dress for the soft snake print, airy fabric and the silhouette. It shows a little skin but not too much. And it highlights the waist with the attached belt making it very feminine.
While the grey-blue hues are cool I added shine and warmth with these rose gold slides.
Gals, I adore these sandals. They're shiny and comfortable with the block heel.  Pretty with casual or dressy outfits.

You could add any color with your shoes or jewelry to this dress.







Dress Beautifully in a Summer Special Occasion Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: