May 1, 2019

Style in Spades


Hey, it's May! Gracious time flies doesn't it?! When it comes to fashion time plays a cyclic role.  We heard our Mammas say when we were young how they dreaded trends coming back around and here I am watching what was cool back when I was young (and much cooler) coming right back on the racks.
And to be honest, I've embraced some of it.  I find that most gals have a period of time in which they gravitate to the fashion.  For me it's definitely 60-70's!

This sundress while classic has it's retro vibes with the brown flowers and belted waist. The exposed zipper, ruffled neckline and racerback keep it modern.  The crisp cotton is cool, comfortable and holds a nice shape.  I also love the midi length! Gives it a touch of the 80-90's.


While this dress alone makes a very pretty statement, it's up to you to add personal style.  At first glance you may think there's nothing left to do since the print and colors are so bold.

Start at the top. Your hair is a great avenue to add style.  Since the neckline is high and the back has interest show them off by pulling your hair back.  And when your hair is back it's an opportunity to highlight your earrings.  I went with shiny gold hoops, but earrings don't have to be big, studs are worth highlighting too.

You could also swap out the belt.  That's one of my favorite ways to add style.



For a little more throwback this vintage brown leather frame bag added the perfect polished touch. I adore collecting vintage accessories (and furniture).  Like I shared above, it all comes back and quality items tend to be timeless. This purse still has the old smell.  Vintage shopping can be time consuming and it seems as though we allocate our time down to the minutes with nothing to spare.  Use it as a time to fellowship with your gal pals.  And don't have huge expectations, finding treasures is often pure luck.  But also be prepared to buy because those treasures are one of a kind.
And don't forget Etsy and Ebay, they are both great online sources.




This dress is made by one of my most adored designers. In fact during a game at my bridal shower (9 years ago this month woah!) one of the questions was 'Who is Sarah Louise's favorite designer?' And it still holds true, Kate Spade. The handbags, clothes, jewelry it's ALL beautiful and amazing quality. The epitome of fun yet classic style! #LOVE


Adore a racerback!  It shows just a little extra skin and shows off the shoulders which to me are one of the pretties features on a lady. And since the dress is longer in length it gives good balance.

Tip:  All gals should have a racerback bra - especially for the warm months.  It's so tacky to have your bra straps showing!!! And I find them to be super supportive.



How about swapping out those dressy sandals for sneakers?!!!  Sneakers with everything is all the rage. Oh, wait it totally was in the 80-90's.  See, I told you it all comes back.  News flash to those that think it's so revolutionary, go check out those rat pack movies and you'll see. I remember thinking my Mamma was so uncool wearing sneakers with her midi dresses.  Honestly, she was just being practical and comfortable.  I fell ya Mamma!





Dress Beautifully in a Retro Style Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: