Sep 3, 2019

#bestsummerever

Well gals, that's a wrap.  Yesterday was the last day of our #BESTSummerEver!!!!!

Today, our darling Vivian Louise started her first year of preschool! I'm so excited for her and all that she will learn and the friends she'll make.


I truly believe this was the most fun I've EVER had in my entire life! I've worked every Summer since I was 16 and even though I had last summer with baby girl, she couldn't even sit up and napped 3 times a day so there was little we could do outside of our eat, play on a mat and sleep routine.

This year we PLAYED! We played at so many parks, at the pool, at the splash pad, in our garden, in the backyard, and at the best place ever, the beach! We've definitely lived our best lives!
As I share this joy, I should have first given thanks to God for the blessings to even do these things together #amen!

At the beginning of Summer I shared with you my Summer goal List on this post , an activity I've done since I was a kid.  Here I am passing along my Mamma's traditions.
I'm happy to say that I did very well in accomplishing what I set out to do.


1. I studied the book of Ruth alongside my middle school students in my Sunday school class - I definitely want to have the character traits of Ruth! ... PS I get up really early to do ALL the things.

2. Sadly I didn't tackle the pull up like I intended - but you bet I'll have mastered them by the end of year.


3. I was just shy of hitting 100 miles.  I blame the crazy hot weather, a cold, and Vivian because well you can't be mad at a toddler ... but can you??!!! seriously though she can put some constraints on my to-do list and that's ok.


4. I intended to have a lesson with one of my Sunday school students but we couldn't coordinate our calendars, but I did purchase the paints and supplies and made decorations for a bulletin board in our classroom.


5. We blew this one out of the water hahaha we went as much as we could this Summer and I darn near cried on Sunday as I knew it was our last splash.


6. I read 5! so close but I focused these last few weeks on being outside.


7. Didn't even put a dent in it! #shame ... again busy outside.  I must say our garden did far beyond what we expected.


8. Didn't even put a dent in this one either. Now that preschool has started, I'm going to work hard to get all her pictures organized.


9. Absolutely I prioritized my dates with Ryan! My favorite being our 9th anniversary. Cheers to us for making more time to enjoy each other.  The first year of parenting was much harder.


10. Absolutely nailed this one too! Face to face time is so important.  I'm blessed to have fabulous gal pals to fellowship and laugh with :)


Swinging into a New Season with Big Smiles

Dress Beautifully Stepping into Fall

XOXO Sarah-Louise



No comments: