Apr 27, 2020

37th Edition

Happy Monday! It's the first week of my 37th year and I literally hit the ground running.

THANK YOU so very much for all the lovely birthday wishes, it was a very blessed day.


I celebrated at home with lots of hugs and kisses from these two and later a parking lot party with my sisters and some gal pals :)

Party but keep it 6ft apart
It was pure torture not squeezing each and every gal!
Confession: I hugged the necks of my sisters real tight and I'm not sorry about it!

I have to tell you that one of the sweetest gifts I received was a surprise video with the students of my Sunday school class where they each shared what they loved about me and there was no stopping tears of pure joy! They also dropped off handmade gifts for me. We don't get to decide how God uses us and we don't know what blessings he has in store but I sure am grateful for the opportunity to grow alongside these young people.

For me, Birthdays are like New Year’s, a time to reflect on the blessing of another year and set intentions for the next year. Every day is a gift and I want to live like it! 

Thank You God!

Here are my intentions for the 37th year of my life ...

1. Grow as a disciple - the Bible commands us to go and make disciples. I want to grow in my faith, trust and knowledge of His Word. But I don't want to hold it in for myself.  I want to share it with others, as others have shared with me. News this Good is meant to be had by all.

2. Fellowship Face to Face - I feel that as a society our days are fuller than ever and there never seems to be enough time.  I miss seeing my family and friends so badly during these weeks of quarantine and yet looking back I kept my days so planned out that I rarely made the effort to interrupt those plans to have quality time with those I love most. It's one of the many lessons I've learned lately.  I also want to host our loved ones in our home more frequently.  I rarely open our doors mostly due to my insecurities in cooking and in that our home isn't decorated to my liking just yet. As I typed that I know how ridiculous it is - or at least that's what I'd say to someone else who felt that way. I'm squashing those feelings!  The fellowship with my friends is far more important and valuable that my need for schedule and it doesn't require 5 star accommodations. I want make face to face time with others a priority!

3. Serve in the workplace - I miss my career every day. While I'm proud of my decision and grateful for the circumstances to be home with Vivian, if it's God's will, I hope to find a position where I can use my skills to make a contribution. The past pace of my career isn't a wise fit for our family so I'm praying for discernment on where I am best suited.

4. Compete Physically -  I love exercise and challenging myself! I want to stretch myself and participate in a physical competition.  I'm not sure what that will look like but I want it to be something I've never done before.  I've ran half marathons, so I'm thinking something that involves obstacles and/or lifting. 

5. Learn New Skills - I have so many projects I'd like to complete. Many of them require constant upkeep such as Vivian's pictures and this blog.  I'd like to learn how to better organize/upload all of her captured memories, utilize my fancy camera to actually capture the moments and use technology programs to enhance this platform. Wish me luck!


You don't need an occasion to set goals.  Each day is a new opportunity for good and growth.
I encourage you to treat every moment you have as a chance to create joy!

Dress Each Year Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: