Apr 1, 2020

Slip Skirt


The slip skirt has been revived from it's glory days in the 90's and is more stylish than ever! It's luxurious no matter what you pair it with because of it's feminine cut and sheen. Top options include a button up tied at the waist, a cropped or oversized knit, t-shirt, or blouse. Shoe options are just as versatile including strappy heels, sneakers or even booties.

I'm absolutely loving this trend but, as with any garment I wear, it has to be flattering. After purchasing 5 solid colored satin slip skirts last Fall I gave up. They were all clingy in all the wrong ways.

A garment constructed with light weight, high shine fabric will inevitably lack structure therefore it will lay close against the body that's underneath it.
The solution lies in the color and print.  A darker color or a print tend to camouflage what the fabric highlights. I was trying light colors and finding myself disappointed (I'm also a harsh critic).

Rule: Hold the fit of your clothing to a high standard and avoid making it about your body.

This skirt in a pretty sky blue with an all over tiny floral pattern was the treasure I'd been looking for.
The hidden inside elastic waist creates a comfortable and flattering fit and it floats away from the body with the perfect amount of subtle flair.

It's what spring outfit dreams are made of!

I've styled it perfectly for dressy spring occasions such as Easter, showers or luncheons (I had several of these on my calendar this month that are no longer) or for work but I can also put on a cotton t-shirt with a pair of sandals or sneakers and feel just as pretty and practical here at home or when I can venture out again in a casual setting.








Dress Beautifully in a Slip Skirt

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: