Mar 8, 2021

Bar Cart: Service with Style


Gals, our bar cart has been empty for over 2 years because of our darling Vivian Louise & her inability to resist tampering with it. She's now at a place where Mamma's shiny things don't intrigue her so much so I can start using it again! 

A bar cart is not only for styling. Do you gals remember 5+ years ago when it was ALL the rage?! For holidays, shindigs and everyday decor IG was covered in #barcartstyling. 

Fun Fact:  A bar cart's purpose is actually for serving. 

Bar carts allow a host to serve guests in rooms away from the kitchen. It has wheels so that the host can outfit the cart with the necessities and easily transport it to the appropriate room. It was the lifestyle midcentury. 

Now, you can use it for serving or decor. I use it for both.  Whether it's a dinner party, birthday party, tea party, coffee & cake, a shower or even outdoor soiree the bar cart makes for festive fun!


Currently entertaining is on hold so I've filled the shelves with some of my favorite pretty things.
It's in a corner of our formal dining room and fills the space quite nicely. 

It's a great piece for showcasing seasonal decor.


I have a picture of Ryan & I, because he's my favorite to cheers with and the colors go with our wallpaper :)
A stack of monogrammed cocktail napkins - necessary with every spirit.
A glass keepsake box with the place cards from our wedding rehearsal dinner (Ryan saved them unbeknownst to me and had them on the table at our 1 year anniversary - my heart nearly burst) and a couple brass candle sticks. I love tapered candles for the dining table.


On the second shelf I have a Christmas cactus, one of my favorite house plants and some gold lowball glasses & matching shaker. 

On the bottom shelve I have books, one being Emily Post's Etiquette, as a polite reminder to always have good manners. Now the marble wine cooler is fitting and chic but the Staffordshire dog figurine is more of a humorous addition.

I bought it at an antique store as his peculiar appearance spoke to me.  And I love midcentury chinoiserie style.  Ryan however was appalled by it and finds it to be absolutely hideous. I laugh just thinking about his offended sensibilities.  So over the years I tease him by placing it in his office or around our house as a joke.  He continues his threats to destroy it but I think he secretly enjoys the banter. :)


I encourage you to enjoy your bar cart whether it's for entertaining or decor.
 
Bar Cart Options Here - Here & Here 

Dress Your Bar Cart Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: