Mar 15, 2021

Virtual Coffee Date

Good Morning Gals! 

While we may not know each other in real life and even if we do, Lord knows face to face time hasn't been an option for a year now #tear I thought I'd do my best and pretend we were having a coffee date. It's a little one sided with me just chit chatting at you but I'm hoping you'll write me back and share what you're up to lately ... dressbeautifully@gmail.com 

So come, sit down for a spell and let's virtually clink, cheers and catch up with a cup ...


Currently I'm ...

Sipping - A large cup of dark roasted black coffee.  I grind 1/4 cup of beans in Ryan's Grandpa's old grinder and sip it piping hot, that's essential! Adore our simple, classic large mugs
FYI: French press is the best.
Coffee is one of the only things I enjoy consuming.  (I don't give a rip about food) 

Rising - at 5am for a couple hours of solitude & productivity before my darling wakes.

Reading - His Word each day, often throughout the day.  Its promises haven't failed and I've been filled with His grace & mercy each hour.  When I get into the Word it gets into me and changes everything about my heart and the life I'm living. 
I'm also putting my to-do list aside and reading books I've been meaning to crack open for months in our backyard hammock several days a week now that the weather is warmer. #noregrets


Relating - to Cameron Wimberly's book 'One day you'll thank me' and laughing along.  I too was hesitant to have a child and struggled with the decision  to leave my career to choose to be home with my daughter.
I also am content with only having one child. 

Working - hard at my workouts to get stronger and faster!

Listening - to 90's & 2000's jams while I sweat ... it's the good stuff from my glory days and while it may not be edifying it pumps me up.

Striving - to make this space a place of encouragement. 

Ministering - to middle & high school young ladies as a Sunday school teacher. I've been teaching every Sunday for 5 years now and boy do they bless my life! Of all the 'jobs' I've ever had this one is the most rewarding! 

Loving - the Spring time weather and longer days!!!!! ALL the things outside.

Looking - for patio furniture that doesn't cost a fortune.  We want a sectional sofa that is high quality and will last us years.  And it must be comfortable. 


Waiting - for vacation! Beyond excited to be toes in the sand with my gal pals in 6 weeks.

Deciding - on my next decor project! We recently finished a renovation that included 6 rooms (sharing detailed posts soon) so I'm resting now but I know I'm going to get a wild hair to change something up.

Organizing - my closet. It's time to store my winter clothing and bring out Summer!

Wishing - for this clutch for my birthday present.  I'm 38 next month (I totally feel 28!) 

Avoiding - my huge picture project! I have an embarrassing amount of pictures over the past 3+ years that I need to sort through, digitally organize, upload into books and print. Sigh it's so overwhelming I don't even know where to start ... so I haven't UGH 

Craving - Watermelon out on our back patio under the warm sun!

Enjoying - running outside in the sun and seeing all the trees and flowers blooming

January 2020 - far too long ago

Wanting - a date night where I'm can wear something sassy (not church appropriate) and cheers my husband in a dim room with good food and zero distractions, sooooo bad! 

Trying - to drink more water #thestruggleisreal

Giving - as many kisses to my darling girl as I possibly can! 

Struggling - with Ryan's work schedule. He practices medicine in the Emergency Room.  He's working long shifts and a great deal of overnights at the hospital with only 3-4 days off each month.  This does not allow for a lot of time together and is taxing on him (and us).  


Practicing - gratitude, everyday. Despite the circumstances! I am blessed beyond measure and thank God for all that He's given and allows to happen. I know He will provide, protect and is always present.

Watching - eh this is a tough one. I rarely watch tv and frustrated with Netflix b/c everything is so overly inappropriate. I really enjoyed the shows 'The Crown', 'Steel Magnolias' and 'Firefly Lane'.

Indulging - on Halo ice-cream.  I buy one pint a week and have a few spoonfuls a few times a week. Chocolate, strawberry and sherbet are my favorites.

Missing - fellowship with my gal pals. It's heartbreaking not spending time in each other's presence. I love to hug on them and connect on the happenings of our lives.  I'm beyond grateful for texting, calling, zoom gatherings and FaceTime calls (my preference) but none of them are the same as gathering in person.

I use time driving to chit chat

Sharing - laughs and stories with my gal pals via text or calls throughout the day/week when I can. I have so many long distance and I appreciate that we don't let that get in the way of staying in touch.

Eager - to dye Easter eggs with Vivian for the first time in a couple of weeks with her cousins. Outside of course!

Grateful - for my many many undeserved blessings! God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me! such a sweet sweet and true song

Crashing - no later than 9 (see rising above) most of the time by 8:30


I order up a second cup after lunch & enjoy it with the company of the birds and sunshine as often as I can

I encourage you to try and have a coffee date with those you hold dear, whether it has to be virtual or over the phone or better yet try and meet outside somewhere.  Even if you're distanced the relationship will grow closer!

Dress Beautifully on a Coffee Date

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: