Dec 13, 2021

Life Lately: Coco & Chit Chat

Happy Monday gals! Have you REALLY looked at the calendar??? We have just days left until Christmas and the end of 2021. #mindblown

How do you feel about that? Me, I'm not so sure.  It honestly went by so quickly. Don't they all? sigh 
I do know that this year as been full of JOY! I'm grateful for all the fun we had and memories made.

If we weren't behind screens with each other I'd pull out these Christmas mugs I found a few weeks ago at my favorite antique shop and we'd sip coffee or coco (seasonally appropriate) and talk about the latest

Here's my side of our chit chat ... 
I'd be tickled pink to here yours in a message or call if we're pals IRL


I'm OBSESSED with the show Yellowstone
I just started watching it last month and just had to have this hat to channel my inner cowgirl.
Gals, I find cowboys so incredibly handsome!


Speaking of out West, I just booked a trip to Lake Tahoe in April
with my gal pals for my 39th Birthday!!! 
Naturally, I'm getting all kinds of adds for ski stuff
and I'd love to have this spurge sweater.


I don't know about you but I've been sucked into the major sales this season
and have taken the opportunity to add some accessories to my jewelry box.
Like this heart pendant & chain
I don't buy a lot of costume jewelry b/c Ryan likes to gift me fine jewelry 
(I'm also a creature of habit with my gold hoops EVERY day)
But I'm loving designer Addison Weeks for baubles & hardware (going into our guest bath)
and Erin McDermott (I gifted some of her pieces this year)


I almost want to try and cook more & better after taking a class in Raleigh this past weekend with my friends. Sigh, Almost. I just don't like food and even more so preparing it. But gracious does my husband.
I will say I had a blast working together and the meal was super delicious.
I'm gifting Ryan a date night class for his birthday in January.
I highly recommend the classes at Sur La Table


Our darling Angel was a real angel in our church's Christmas Play.
My Mamma heart nearly burst watching her sing and perform.
It was not only precious but a reminder of the reason for the season.


This book gals! It's so good.  The ladies' bible study I'm in is on break until after the new year so we are all reading this in between.  So encouraging! 


And since we're on the topic of encouraging and hard things, my feet need all the help they can get.
Embarrassing fact: I have such horrendous feet that my sisters & friends call them 'hooves'! 
I don't share or talk about them b/c well, they're horrendous! 
I've been using this at night for almost a week and it truly has helped.
If you have cracked heels, calluses, arthritis and bunions like me - this is for you!


I've been working out extra hard this month.  I like to end the year my strongest & best so that I enter a new one the same. Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today!


And here's something super soft and cozy! 
This sweater is a classic and the warmest that I own.
I plan to wear it tonight to a live nativity at the church Vivian goes to school at.


We had so much fun at the Charlotte Checkers Hockey game 
Saturday night! We took Vivian 2 years ago and she loved it. We had planned to keep taking her but you know, Covid. I'm excited we can start going again!


Bless bunny Ethel! 
Vivian adores her and well, I've grown quite fond of her (it's the best I can do).
If you missed this, my Mamma's bunny Alice had babies over the Summer and she gifted Vivian one. 


I added big red velvet ribbon to the tree this year after seeing it in 
Southern Living Magazine (it's a dream of mine to have our home/this blog featured one day)
All the presents are purchased and wrapped and we are playing classic Christmas music in our home daily.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!


Hopefully you've smiled a time or two reading along about my life lately.
I hope yours is warm and sweet as we celebrate Christmas!

Dress Beautifully with Joy

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: