Dec 20, 2021

P.O.P. - Peace on Purpose

Happy, Monday before Christmas gals! Don't hate me, but now that I'm a Mamma the excitement seeing it through Vivian's darling eyes (almost) overcomes all the frazzle dazzle stress.

Pretty sure our bunny Ethel prays for peace daily

It's the most wonderful time of the year but so many call it the 'busiest' (gracious I can't stand that word - I prefer 'full'). With so much to do, so many places to go and so many people to enjoy it with, one can easily feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off.

I recently went to a Ladies' Pop Up Christmas event at the church I attend weekly bible study at and the topic was 

Peace on Purpose


Purpose was my word of the year this year - read about it on this blog post. Purpose requires action, intention and practice. It's constant effort. I know, I know, MORE during such an already full time. But gals, this more makes more room.

PEACE is something that 
Comes from Heaven - fearing nothing from God
Brings Wholeness - content with earthly lot
is a Person - assured salvation
Transforms & Calms - trusting God

PEACE is NOT 
absence of fighting, pain, hurt, noise
perfection
comparison
discontentment
un-forgiveness
judgment
reaching for the goal/check list

Here are some of the take aways and what I personally do to have more Peace:

HUSH

I always wake up at 5am each day
But during the Christmas season I've changed up my morning time
I've chosen scripture over scrolling
and exchanged my time on the computer, chores etc .. for quiet time around the tree
I pray, reflect and am just still.

GO OUTSIDE


Fresh air, sunshine and being in God's creation is the best calming medicine

LISTEN TO CLASSIC CHRISTMAS SONGS

This sequin angel was my late Grandma's

it reminds me of the reason for the season

COUNT MY GIFTS

This ornament was custom made for me when I was expecting Vivian

I look around and make myself aware of all that I have, the undeserved gifts He's given me.

EXERCISE


Moving and challenging myself physically is fun and stress relieving for me.
It creates an energized and happy attitude to face my day & circumstances positively.

HUG


I hold my darling. It is a feeling of great honor & privilege!

I encourage you to think about ways you can bring peace into this Christmas season. Welcome the Prince of Peace into your time. We must have peace WITH God before we can have peace from God.

I'm so happy to share with you a 7 day devotional to help you have Peace on Purpose:



Thank you to New City Church in Charlotte for this!
Note: I shared this as an image so that you can save


Wishing You a Peaceful & Merry Christmas!

Dress Beautifully with a Peaceful Heart

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: