Jun 13, 2022

Easy Summer Hair & Makeup

Gals, the HEAT is on! Literally, the temperatures are expected to be over 100 the next two days.  My weather app has a red exclamation icon with ‘Excessive Heat Warning’ beside it. Got it, be prepared to melt!!  But is one ever really prepared to feel like they’re cooking in the devil’s kitchen?


Even this past weekend as I was vacationing with my husband on Kiawah Island I was faced with Summer’s high heat and humidity. Not only does my skin feel like it’s on fire but I sweat and my hair grows and frizzes to a level where I look like Simba the lion king. #facts



I’ve surrendered my beauty routine because battling against heat and humidity is one I’ll loose every time costing me time, energy and effort I’ll never get back.

So, I skip the blow dryer and wear my hair natural. I apply a minimal level of makeup to add a little color, glow and definition but that also protects from the sun (VERY important).



Here are my go-to Summer products for a simple, natural and glowy look …


Hair Cream

I’m not an expert and haven’t tried a lot (my sissy gave me this one)

If you have a recommendation for a curl cream that’s soft, anti frizz & defining 

PLEASE SEND!


Tanning Lotion

I use this 1-2 times a week only on my legs to take the edge off the glow

Because I don’t tan, my billions of freckles do however darken and enlarge creating the illusion of color


Glow Sunscreen

I love this for my face because it has a tinted luster.

Just a tiny little enhancement plus protection.

This brand of sunscreen is amazing!! So many products.


Concealer

I use the tiniest dab under my eyes


Gel Shadow

I dab this just on my eyelids for a bit of color and shine


Bronzer - Blush- Highlighter Palette

2 of my gal pals use this and I had to try it.

It’s simple for adding color and shimmer

One gal uses a big brush, swirls them all together and applies all over her face - that’s one way to do it.

Personally I keep them a bit more separated but not with an exact contour placement. 

I lightly swirl and sweep across my forehead and cheeks.


Mascara & Eyebrows

Do NOT leave my home with out them!

They define and awaken me, especially with my coloring (they’re practically invisible)


Eyeliner

Optional since I believe a minimal look is fresh in the Summer 

I opt for a soft color like light brown or this plum in a pencil


Lipstain

I like stains because they last ALL day. You can apply the gloss throughout.

The more color you add the bolder but I mostly just dab a bit for all day pink.



I encourage you to lighten your beauty routine for one that’s easy and can withstand the heat!


Dress Your face & Hair Beautifully in the Summer


XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: