Jun 6, 2022

Summer Book Worm

Gals, in the Summer I become quite the book worm. The days are longer and sunnier and there's no place else I'd rather read than outside. My favorite sunny spot is on a beach but I'll settle for by the pool, on our patio or in our backyard hammock.  The sounds of nature just pairs beautifully with an imaginary escape. 

Vivian adores books - I love that she enjoys the classic ones that my Mamma read to me.

I find myself reaching for books over screen time and I don't miss it one bit. I'm 100% insistent on a paper copy.  I enjoy turning each page and using sentimental bookmarks I've been given over the years. 

I primarily read light hearted books that often have a Southern heritage. I have a few authors that I'm loyal to such as Mary Kay Andrews and Kristy Woodson Harvey (I've read every single book they've ever written).  


Here's my current line up!
I tend to purchase from Target as they're most often on sale. But Amazon is great too.

I'm going to start the series of books that the show 'Sweet Magnolias' was based on since it's one of my top favorite shows. I'm super curious to see how similar the story lines are.

I'm also adding 'The Mothers and Daughters of the Bible Speak' lessons on Faith from 9 biblical families to read during my quiet morning time. 

I encourage you to find authors and storylines you enjoy and spend more time with your nose in a book this Summer!

Dress Beautifully While You Read

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this so much and what a good example you’re setting for Vivian!! Thank you so much for always being so supportive of me and my books! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love, Kristy Harvey 💗