Aug 8, 2022

Treasures

Gals, I love collecting treasures - things found in nature like sharks teeth and interesting rocks from places I visit along with antiques for our home and vintage accessories to wear. They’re valuable to me because they are rare and meaningful. The funny thing is they’re free or cost very little but I treat them like diamonds.

I've found nearly 30 shark teeth this Summer!

In a world where more, new and aspirations to acquire are so prevalent it has me challenging myself to keep my priorities where they should be.


“ Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your reassure is, there your heart will be also” Matthew 6:19-21



Gals, gracious do I adore my clothes, handbags and fine jewelry Ryan’s given me. Even our home and it’s furnishings mean a great deal to me.


 It is so hard not to treasure things of this world like money, popularity, success and possessions. The influences around us tells us to treasure these things. 

The reality is a heart that longs for Jesus to be the greatest treasure in our life is like nothing of this world, now and forever. 


Fact: you can’t take it with you.


Here are some ways we can store our treasures in heaven rather than here on Earth …


Focus



Make Jesus the object of our affection, rather than centered on ourselves and accumulation. If we do our desire will be to put our time, money resources and talent into things that glorify Him. Colossians 3:2


Trust



Trust that He will provide. Be generous even if it feels risky. Mark 12:41-44


Give



Look to the needs of others and be generous.  Helping others without expectation of repayment or praise is an act of loving God and others.  Blessing another becomes a blessing to the giver. 


Gals, it’s ok to enjoy the wonderful things that we have but it’s important to remember who gave them to us and how we should treat them. 


He is forever. My stuff is not. 


Dress Beautifully with a Heart Full of Heavenly Treasures


XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: