Aug 29, 2022

Try New Things

Happy Monday gals! Today is a big day for a lot as it's the 1st day of school (we still have 1 more week of Summer for Vivian). New can be intimidating and make us nervous. It can also be exciting and turn to something that becomes so familiar we stick to it.

I've been called a creature of habit more often than I'd like to admit. I've been eating the same breakfast, using the same products and even avoid the same tasks for decades. What can I say, I like what I like (and don't like). 


While I don't see myself suddenly becoming adventurous (although I did ride in the front seat of a helicopter over Lake Tahoe for my 39th birthday this year thanks to my gal pals) I do want to challenge myself to try new things. 

I believe if we embrace the new, the possibilities just may lead to blessings!

Here are some new things I'm going to try ...

Cooking a New Dish Once a Week


Gals, I can't stand cooking (that's a major understatement). I eat as natural and unprocessed as possible.
I detest preparing food and even more so cleaning up after. I don't even like to go and shop for the food.
BUT my dear husband truly enjoys a yummy meal and has been asking me to try for 16 years.
UGH ... realistically this is all I can aim for considering just how much I'm opposed.

Being a Dog Owner

Trixie

Sigh if you follow me on IG, you may have seen that we are welcoming a yellow girl Labrador puppy into our home in a few weeks.  I have killed Ryan's dream of having one daily for 16 years ... I decided I had to soften my heart. I do NOT want one nor the dirt and responsibility one comes with with every cell of my body. The things we do for love.  
We've named her Trixie and all I've heard from Ryan and Vivian is pure joy when they talk about her.
Please lift me and the dog up in prayer and also send any helpful advise!!!

Organizing Girls' Outings


I am social and extroverted but yet I fail to organize and invite local gals out. I thrive in my schedule and routine, on top of being a mother, working and rarely having someone to care for Vivian, are all reasons I neglect extending invitations.  I'm going to try setting up 1-2 dates a month with friends (outside of the organized groups I'm in).

Professional Skin Treatment


I never ever spend on beauty services. I'd like to try minor treatments this year (facials, injectables, peels ... not sure what just yet). I use good skin care products and makeup but I'd like to do something a little extra. I've tried Botox and really liked it but its too pricey for me to maintain. 

Outdoor Gym Class


There's some really challenging outdoor classes focused on athleticism at my gym that have intimidated me. I know I have the strength and endurance to excel at them and yet I have held back.  I don't want the unknown of something to hold me back. I'm signing up asap ... more like when the temperature cools down; I'm not looking to die of heat stroke.


I encourage you to embrace the unknown!

Dress Beautifully Trying Something New

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeayyyyy for trying new things! 🥳