Aug 15, 2022

You've Got a Friend in Me

School’s about to start and we often say how we hope our children make new friends (of course in addition to the ones they have). They’re in a new classroom/activities full of new people. 


Well, it’s the same for us. New parents that are opportunities for us to make friends too!



Friends are for everyone! They are what we all want NEED!  We are worthy and qualified to have them. The trick is to find the ones right for you. That’s the not so easy part. It takes time and there will be some that don’t work out. 


A blessing of a new friend (she’s as enthusiastic and as freckled as I am!) recommended this book to me as we both are praying for friends and gracious was it an encouraging answer.


There’s SOOOOO MUCH I want to share from it with you but the right thing is to just read it for yourself! It’s sweet, relatable and full of hopeful motivation.


I will share my personal thoughts & take aways with you …


Go. Initiate. Invite


Say yes to events and talk to nearby gals. Notice others, particularly who’s alone, and approach them. Invite someone to your home, coffee, playdate or even a target run.  As Nike put it, just do it! Real friends will NOT care nor judge what you or your home look like. 


Just maybe someone is out there praying for a friend like you 

and you’ll never know if you don’t give it a shot!


Just today I approached a Mom in Target and struck up conversation (pretty sure she wanted to run away) and again at the library I chit chatted with another mom and invited her to attend my MOPS group. 

You have nothing to loose! 


Be Confident


Sister, I’ve got insecurities. Fact: we all do and they hinder us! 

Box them up and tape it shut because you are made beautiful inside and out. You have wonderful qualities that make you an awesome friend. You are given unique traits and talents to be used to bless others.


Confession: I’ve got big energy, I talk a ton, I’m bold, I dress up all the time, I’m also private, can be self conscious about superficial things and I feel lonely a lot! 


Love Others



Our purpose is not for popularity or to please all the people. We are made to love God, follow Him and carry out the very specific purpose He designed just for your unique self! We won’t be for everyone but we can still show love.  I know when I am included, complimented or shown kindness it makes me feel like a million bucks. Let that motivate us to give the same to others. 


Rather than a focus on making people like us we can make people feel liked!



Comparison & competition can get in the way, so I say shove it as far away as you can and be a blessing to someone!


Dress Beautifully in Your Friendships


XOXO Sarah- Louise

No comments: