Oct 17, 2022

5 Minute Make Up

Happy Monday! Let's talk make-up shall we? I love make up and feel more confident and pretty when I wear it. It doesn't have to be complicated and I like it to simple enhance my features over masking them. I also have to be fast #momlife

I recently added a few new products that are now staples.

Here's what I wear for an easy day time look:


Shimmer Gel Eyeshadow - I have one of these in a lighter shade but just added this color 'Dark Glint' and am obsessed. You just dab a little on the lid and go (or layer on top of a full shadow look). It has just a hit of neutral brown and the sweetest sparkle. 
Best $20 you'll spend!

Primer - I added this recently too.  I've been wearing primer for a few years now and it isn't optional gals. It's the glue that holds makeup on your face. I see it this way, if I'm going to invest the time and money into makeup, I want it to be there and do it's job. Primer makes this happen.  I prefer a matte one because my face tends to get shiny throughout the day. This one is light and smooth.

Foundation - this has been a good one for me for many years. It's light, lasts all day and has a natural look to it. It evens my coloring out without completely masking my face.

Setting Powder - this is a new top favorite. It is marketed as blurring and I will say it really gives a nice blurring effect while setting and controlling shine. I plan to stick with this forever.

Cream Blush - I love cream blushes for they're ability to stay all day. Powder blushes tend to rub off (probably from smooching and snuggling all over Vivian). They have a hydrating and luster look. I think they're especially great in the winter when our skin is dryer.

Mascara - gals, I've tried so so many and keep coming back to this one. It doesn't dry, flake or smear. It elongates and curls. It's just amazing!

Eyebrows - This is a bargain buy but you wouldn't know it. Eyebrow colors can be tricky, especially for us redheads.  I've been wearing this one for over a year now and have several spares in my makeup drawer so I'm never without. The color isn't overwhelming and I find a pencil is softer for a natural look.

If I'm out for an occasion I'll add eyeliner & eyeshadow into this routine.

One thing I'll never ever go without, regardless if I put on anything else ... Lipstick! 

Dress Beautifully in a Natural, Easy Makeup 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: