Oct 14, 2022

Friday Favorites: Trousers

 TGIF! Today I want to share my take on trousers. I've always loved them when I was in the office. They made me feel professional and sophisticated.  Now, I'm seeing them everywhere styled for all types of occasions and I'm thrilled.


I find true to size - I'm wearing petite and only need a low heel

In a high waisted and wide leg design I find them super flattering. They highlight the waist and float away from the legs which is slimming. Similar to a maxi skirt but with separated legs. While I'm normally opposed to an elastic waist because it tends to create volume on the lower abdomen and derriere I'm seeing a lot of trousers with a wider waist band with a flat front and elastic just on the back. This is actually very comfortable and shapely. 

When styled with pieces that don't resemble work wear like an embellished top or basic tee/sweatshirt you get a balance look that's polished, modern and comfortable. 

I'm not cool enough to do it, but wearing sneakers with trousers is super on trend!

Here are some trousers that I think are pretty:


Also in black which I have too! and petite sizing 


also in ivory


also in beige 


I think these are so fun. - treat the golden color as a neutral and pair with other colors like plum and royal blue!


would really add variety to your denim collection




also in black here


Dress Beautifully in Trousers

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: