Oct 7, 2022

Friday Favorites: Sweatshirt Styling

TGIF! Gals, today's a good one! I'm fellowshipping with fellow Mammas' of Preschoolers this morning and then headed out of town to celebrate a new baby! I hope you too have a fun Fall weekend planned that involves enjoying the cool & colorful outdoors.

This comes as no surprise, but I own merely TWO sweatshirts (and that's of recent). I don't have to tell you that I'm just not a casual gal. I like warm & comfortable, I just find it in more structured and dressy pieces like sweaters and jackets.

Tip: Find a sweatshirt that speaks to your personality with color, detailing like a puff sleeve and/or a logo of something you like - I found mine on super sale with a velvet logo of a French designer.

BUT you can style sweatshirts in a way that doesn't take you back to your college days.
By pairing with contrasting pieces you get a balanced look that's cozy & polished. 

Here's 4 ways I like to style a sweatshirt ...


A ruffled mini skirt and embellished sneakers
I think this is a super fun, sporty and youthful look!


A wide leg trouser & clogs which are both on trend this season


Layered with a collared shirt and loafers takes me back to my preppy days but the distressed jeans keep the look modern.


A maxi skirt adds femininity and coverage; paired with a bootie is fitting for the Fall season. 

Dress Beautifully in a Sweatshirt

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: