Apr 1, 2024

5 HEALTHY HABITS

 I'm an extremely routine gal. I plan, I make lists and I stick with what I like.

Life is going to give you the unexpected, you can count on it! By establishing some habits and routines aimed at your goals, it can help add some constant. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, so first it's essential to determine your priorities. I can do/have A LOT but I can not do/have it all. 

I often hear "I don't have time". It's a pet peeve! Determine what's a must in your life and accept what has to be on hold. 

Note: I believe it's necessary to have white space on your calendar for surprises and enjoyment (the most important!) 

Here are 5 habits I've established for most of my adult life that I plan to never break!

READ HIS WORD

I take 30 minutes each morning to read the Bible. I participate in a study most of the year but some days I will work through a book or even a short devotional.

To me this sets my day on the right course. I also find that adding accounts on my IG and 1 page devotionals at lunch and at bed with a journal really encourage and help me grow throughout the day. 

Encouragement: Tell Jesus about it before you vent/gossip about it!

MAKE THE BEDS

This simple act makes a big impact.  It makes the room feel put together and neat. It's hard to explain but a made bed just adds order and gracious is it nice to climb into at night. 

EXERCISE

This is of upmost priority! I highly value good nutrition and exercise. I also struggle with body image (a topic for another time if I'm ever brave enough). So when I'm allocating the hours of my day this is a nonnegotiable. It takes time, commitment and self discipline. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, run and walk Trixie nearly every day.

For those that say they don't have time, it's a choice. It can often mean that other things may not get to happen. I say no to things I want to say yes to often. 

GET DRESSED

This may sounds silly to some but I find it's the foundation for fulfilling the day.  I have TONS of thoughts on dressing but to keep it simple it provides you the means to hold yourself high, shine your light and do the work for your purpose. 

This is different for everyone - for me I'm a pants with a zipper and top kind of gal (non athletic wear!).

20 MINUTE TIDY

I was just sharing the other day that I've become more particular about cleanliness as I age. Which is saying a lot as I've always been a neat freak! Each evening I dedicate 20 minutes to tiding our home. This allows for me to wake up without feeling overwhelmed but rather ready to embrace a new day. 

Let me also share that I have habits I wish I didn't.
I encourage you to examine your routine and priorities to decide what habits you want to have.

Dress Beautifully in Healthy Habits

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: