Jan 4, 2015

Goals

Making New Years Goals is a Family Tradition.

Each Year my Mamma would Sit Us All Down with Pen and Paper (and a yummy meal) to write down what we wanted to Accomplish in the Year Ahead. 
This Year was no Different, She was the first to send me a text reminding me to make my goals for 2015 :) 

The New Year is also a time of Reflection on the Happenings and Blessings of the Previous Year.  Sometimes it's Good to Look Back to Help Guide You to Where You Want to Be.

Last New Year I Set Out to Achieve One of my Biggest Goals, Launching this Blog. I did it! And I'm still Going.  It May not be Fancy or Have Thousands of Readers but it's Honest and it's Mine.  With that, I'm Always Trying to Grow and Make it More Inspiring. 

FYI: I totally Accomplished All the New Year's Goals I Made Last Year! WHOOP WHOOP

So this Year.....

Blog 5 Posts a Week
    - More Organized Posting Schedule
    - Include Home Decor & Beauty Posts
    - Add More Personal Touches

Learn to Use my Camera
     Mr's my Style Paparazzi ... he bought me a Fancy Camera to Capture Fabulous Images for this Blog (Currently we use the 'Auto' Function ... so sad ... I will be surfing Youtube & Pinterest for lots of How-To's!) 

Prepare 1 New Recipe a Week
     Sigh, I truly detest cooking and anything that requires me to use my kitchen but Mr loves food and I love to be hospitable, so I'm starting with 1 a week ... Baby Steps! I can't promise how they'll taste but they'll be healthy (I'm crazy about good nutrition!) I have great books, Pinterest and food blogs. Check this one out from a gal I went to High School with! 

Complete 1 Sewing Project a Month
      I took up sewing last summer so that I can make and alter my own clothes to the styles I like.  So far it's been challenging but I really enjoy it.  I'm looking forward to making decor items for my home along with more garments. 

Buy Quality over Quantity
   - I've Always had Champagne Taste when it Came to Clothes, Shoes, Handbags & Accessories.  But like most Gals, I often make impulse or trendy purchases that get worn once or not at all Ekkkk! 
   - I'm going to try be thoughtful on my purchases, saving and buying better. 

This List is Perfection! 

Image via Pinterest

What Ever Your Goals, Make them for Yourself 
Make Each Year Better!

And of Course Dress Beautifully!

XOXO Sarah Louise


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention! I, too, want to use my camera more - my iPhone camera is just so convenient but I really want to utilize the "real" deal.

Dress Beautifully said...

Anytime! Gals Gotta Support Each Other! I'm really hoping to acquire some cooking skills and learn to like food a little better ... It's definitely more work learning to use my fancy camera but there is a huge difference in the quality... It's big and bulky with all the fancy screens, buttons and lenses but it is worth it when posting online and printing/framing. And it was expensive so need to use what we paid for!