Jan 15, 2015

Polish Party

I Love Nail Polish!

It's somewhat of an addiction.

I believe that adding color to your nails is such a feminine finishing touch.  It's an intentional expression that shows you put forth effort with your appearance and in styling your look.  I mean let's face it, it takes effort and planning when it comes to polishing.

You have to prep - removing current color, manicuring - cut and file, patience - painting layer on layer and a statuesque existence for a good 15 minutes.  

Truth:  I do my own nails.  I can change the color as often as I want/need and it's a major cost savings!  I was shocked at comparing the cost of frequent manicures along with what I was spending on bottles of polish.  I do treat myself every  now and then especially as an outing with my gal pals :)

I have micro-mini hands (my wedding rings are a size 3.75) and tee tiny nails (think little girl size) so I feel that nail polish adds some much needed beauty. On the plus side, a bottle of nail polish lasts since my nails are so small.

All nail polishes are not created equal.  It's a bottle of chemical pigmented paint that you put on your body so I'm thrilled to find quality products that are less bad for you. Just with all products some adhere, shine and are stronger than others.  I'm deeply in love with Butter London Nail Lacquers!  The brush is super small for paining my tiny nails and they are free of harmful chemicals.  They aren't cheap but they are better for your nails and making healthier choices are always a good idea.  I pick my shades carefully and retailers like Ulta & Nordstrom will accept returns should the shade not compliment like you thought it would.

Note:  In a professional setting keep your polish traditional (no neon or glittered shades).  Also, if they are chipping it's better to go bare (Keep a bottle of remover/cotton balls in your desk drawer).

Here are Some Favorite Winter Shades from my Collection:


From Top Left Clockwise: Royal Purple || Blood Red || Classic Red ||  Red Wine ||

Dress Your Nails Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not feel put together unless my nails are neatly manicured! Loving your winter favorites. Now if only I could decide what color I want on my nails next week....

Dress Beautifully said...

Decisions, Decisions!