Jan 9, 2015

Ice Blue

Pastel Colors aren't Just for Spring.  

Sure When it Comes to Winter Shades I think of Dark Hues but there's something fresh, clean and snow-like about Light Pastels in the Colder Seasons.  

Now, us Southerners have strict rules when it comes to colors and fabrics worn  in their appropriate time and place.  I'm talking about White specifically. It only comes out from Easter to Labor Day.  I'm conflicted.  I'm a rule follower and I Love my Southern culture and it's traditions. But, my white jeans are THE most comfortable, soft and well White/Ivory are my Favorite Colors to Wear! 

So I broke the rule. 

With all outfits, there's a way to style in making a look appropriate.

When incorporating light colors do so in cold weather items and fabrics.  Sweaters, scarves, and coats in wools, cashmere and tweeds.  This will bring the cool shades right into the right season. 

This Popcorn Cable Turtleneck sweater fits right into winter because it's made in a thick textured design.  I can't say the same for the white jeans but by pairing with boots you get a winter appropriate look. 

I also love the side slits on this sweater, a trend this season.  It allows longer lengths to lay flat on the body.








Sweater: Ann Taylor Sold Out Similar and Here || Jeans: Ann Taylor ||
Boots: Tory Burch || Earrings: Kate Spade Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Pastels

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: