Jan 12, 2015

Sage


This Sage Dress with it's Curved Edges is Sensational! 

It takes a sheath dress from basic to interesting.  And it's from the Scandal Line at The Limited. Who doesn't want to look like the classy Olivia Pope??!!!

There are several features that make this dress flattering and a favorite.  

The thick cap sleeves are awesome because they help create an hour glass shape (making your waist appear smaller) and provide ample coverage for your brassiere straps (pet peeve of mine is A - my straps slipping off my shudders B - exposed brassiere).

The faux wrap skirt and curved hem remind me of layered tulip petals.  When I say 'faux' wrap skirt, what I mean is that the two panels are sewn into the waist seam so there's no risk of indecent exposure when sitting or in a windy situation. 

The left peplum panel adds a touch of detail and asymmetry to the dress. It also accentuates the waist.  

This dress came with a self fabric belt, but since belts are somewhat of a collection for me I swapped it out for one with print & texture. 

Oh, and let's just speak on this Sage color!  As a red head, greens compliment best.  This sage green is soft and not a shade you see all the time.  I feel that it's more of a neutral making it professional, great for all seasons, and pairs nicely with other colors & prints.  






Dress: The Limited Similar and Here || Belt: Similar || Pumps: Nine West ||
Sunglasses: Ray Ban || Earrings: Kate Spade || Ring: QVC || 

Dress Beautifully in Sage

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: