Jan 4, 2016

Pink & Red


So back in December it was all about Christmas red, well the holidays are over and early as it may be I'm feeling the Valentine's Day love.  Walk into any retail store and the hearts and candies are out.

I started this year off with a phone call from Mr.  Gals, hearing his voice from the other side of the world, even though it's a few times a month, fills my heart so much I'm afraid it may burst.  And even though we won't be together this year for Valentine's Day (that's only happened 1 out of the 10 years together due long distance/military) knowing that I'm almost half way through this deployment and that he's coming home to me this year has me all giddy inside.

So here's a new take on red, pairing with it's sister shade pink.  To many it's a very unconventional color combination but not to me. I'm constantly styling shades of a color together.  It's the opposite of contrasting colors like black and white.  Pink is just a lighter shade of red such is lavender to purple or mint to green.

This red dress coat is classic, timeless and such a bright addition to any outfit. I adore the snaps and bracelet length sleeves - Essential for gals with shorter arms and it allows for freedom to move while also showcasing cuffs, bracelets and watches.
And what about that oversized collar?!! swoon!

To add some print (and warmth) I layered a striped dress shirt underneath my sleeveless sheath dress.
Again, another example of making the most of the pieces of your wardrobe, layering separates for all year wear.

Embrace colors and their sister shades for a fresh new styling palette.

P.S.  I've decide to start including those hilarious outtake shots - because while those barbie like poses are purposeful and the laughs, those are the all natural good stuff.











Dress: J Crew Similar  & Similar || Dress Shirt: Banana Republic || 
Red Dress Coat: Ann Taylor Similar & Here || Pumps: Nine West || 
Earrings: Towne & Reese || Handbag: Prada || Sunglasses: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in Pink & Red

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: