Jan 13, 2016

Southern Belle


This dress is the epitome of my southern style; ladylike and feminine.

Let me explain....
A Southern Belle is a 'Princess' of the South.  My Mamma didn't have to raise me to be a southern belle, it came natural. She did teach me proper manners and ladylike behavior but it was up to me to to uphold standards as I grew up.  I wasn't born royalty by any means but that doesn't mean you can't be a princess.  It's all about carrying yourself modestly.

I feel that our society and culture has lost it's value on modesty and manners, but I strive to maintain appropriate boundaries.  Like Mamma says 'You catch more flies with honey'.  Sweetness and pleasantries go a long way!

Mr is intrigued with my collection of Emily Post's books of etiquette.  To me it's to focus on being respectful in all situations and with the most recent edition you'll find answers to more modern circumstances. Go get yourself Emily Post's Etiquette.

As I have more gal pals that aren't southern, the distinct characteristics of my culture become more apparent. I really try and embrace my southern style as much as I can, more so outside of work wear, with florals, boots and feminine silhouettes. In my home it's all about natural textures including a deer head and cowhide rug to name a couple.

Now that I've shared with you my feelings on being a southern belle, this dress to me, exemplifies the southern characteristics of my style.  It's floral, bright and fun with bell sleeves. I paired it with my grey suede boots but make no mistake my cowboy boots are a perfect pairing come spring!

The fabric is soft and design is a comfortable fit.  Dress it up with heels or down with boots.
It's definitely one of my favorite pieces I've purchased.

Even if you weren't raised in the south or your style is more sporty or edgy, embrace a bit of southern sweetness in your wardrobe.








Bell Sleeve Dress: Anthropoloigie || Boots: Sole Society || Handbag: Similar & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in a Bell Sleeve Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise  

No comments: