Jan 20, 2016

Cobalt and Cabernet


Bordeaux, burgundy, maroon, or what I prefer to call it merlot, cabernet, or pinot, either way this deep dark red is one of my favorite colors for the colder months of Fall/Winter.  It's rich and warm and plays well with other colors.  When styling I treat it as a neutral like navy, brown, grey and black.

Since it is a darker shade adding a bright color that isn't a neutral makes for a fun mix.

I love all shades of blue and green but it's the jewel tones that really strike my fancy!
Cobalt is saturated and bright and is great all year round. The ruffles are an added bonus on this top.  It may be freezing cold outside today but come Spring it's going to pop with a pair of white skinnies.

Adding a bold print is the best way to add style when wearing solids.  I love light weight topper jackets and have quite the collection (heavy coats are a rare essential down here in the South).  In a longer length plus a fun print equals chic!  Adding a printed scarf is another option.

I kept my shoes and handbag neutral so that the pretty colors shine.

Add cobalt and red wine to your next outfit and maybe don't limit yourself to the color, go ahead a pour a big glass! Cheers :)









Cobalt Ruffle Top: Banana Republic - Similar here || Trousers: Here and Here || 
Pumps: Tory Burch || Printed Jacket: Anthropologie (Sold out) Similar & Here & Here ||
Handbag: Tory Burch || Earrings: Towne & Reese || 

Dress Beautifully in Cobalt & Cabernet

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Emily said...

Not a color combination I would typically think of - but I love it!

Dress Beautifully said...

So glad you liked it!