Jan 25, 2016

Ruffles


This look incorporates the essentials color, femininity, and sophistication.

There is no need for us women in the corporate world to dress like a man to look professional.  Sure I love a crisp dress shirt and blazer but I feel just as confident and more ladylike in a blouse and some color.

The ruffles on this blouse were irresistible.  They add interest and movement in a soft delicate way.  Ruffles can be tricky, you often see them on little girl's garments and when it comes to women's wear sometimes designers go overboard.  Ruffles should add a feminine touch and detail, not distract. Keep them small and understated around the neckline, cuffs or hems.
I paired this blouse with jeans and a blazer a couple weekends ago for a casual look.
Tip: Since this blouse is ivory not white layer an ivory or nude camisole underneath. It's more subtle.

I often pair ivory with taupe as it's super soft and low contrast, a perfect canvas for a pop of color.
Emerald is my go-to and a red head's best friend. It's rich and makes our locks shine. If I had to pick a color to wear that wasn't white/ivory it would always be emerald green.  It's not the most common color to find on the racks so when I do and it's a nice piece, I bring it home to my closet :)

Note: I just painted my formal dining room emerald green this past weekend ... sharing soon! 

Add a feminine touch with ruffles and color.








Ruffle Blouse: Banana Republic || Taupe Suit Skirt: Similar -Here & Here ||
Pumps: Nine West || Emerald Topper: Similar and Here || Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Ruffles 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: