Jan 11, 2016

Graphite


The colors of winter are cool and neutral.  I'm digging a break from the bright and bold.
I've noticed that industrial decor and colors, like dark grey, are huge in the interior design world when it comes to lighting, fixtures and decorative items.  I have light grey walls & fireplace in our family room, grey slate tiles in our sunroom and a dark grey slate in our master bathroom. Years ago it was all about the warm browns so even neutral shades and styles change with the times.
I'm excited to be trying dark grey in my wardrobe.

For neutrals I prefer white/ivory and navy but I do like grey and taupe especially before I'll opt for black.  Most of my grey pieces are in wool (suits and sweaters) but I was intrigued with this grey silk dress.  I adore silk for it's luster, feel and movement.  This dress has a flattering cross over front and elastic waist for definition and shape.  In being honest, it is a bit on the shorter side for me but I'm making strides in burring my insecurities and a few inches above the knee is ok but no more!

This graphite silk dress is a blank canvas for styling.  Of course pairing with black is complimentary, but you could combine any color or neutral.  I topped it off with my bright red coat yesterday for church.

I encourage you to try a color or shade that isn't your typical go-to and maybe stretch it a little further with a different silhouette or design.








Grey Silk Dress: Madewell || Pumps: Nine West || 

Dress Beautifully in Graphite

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: