Apr 22, 2016

Bleached Out Blue


Denim is everywhere in my wardrobe, pants, skirts, tops but I was missing a dress.
So here's my struggle, I didn't want long sleeves because it's just too darn hot down here in the South and I like a lot of movement in my arms.  I also wanted one that wasn't a shirt dress with buttons all down the front to the hem.  I find that buttons on my lower body/legs is not a good option because I can't go through life exclusively standing and well puckering when sitting isn't good on a lot of levels.
And to top off my search I was aiming for a dress that had a waist seam for added shape.
That's a tough hunt let me tell you!

So I found this dress and I was sold.  I ordered and waited patiently for the brown box to arrive at my door.  It fit the bill for a the casual denim dress I was looking for.

It's light weight in a chambray type denim fabric, it's not the typical dark blue that I have throughout my closet, it's a bleached out pale blue and with a draw string waist it creates a flattering shape.
These design elements along with the v neck, pockets and shirt tail hem make it the quintessential casual piece.

I paired it with these oh-so comfortable lace up block heels.  I can seriously wear them all day long.

While I focus a majority of my wardrobe on work wear, over the past couple of years I've invested more in chic casual pieces.  I avoided them because I didn't see the value since most of my waking hours were spent in the office.  But putting work blouses with jeans is just boring and lacks creativity.
I've learned that casual garments don't have to be disposable.  You can still incorporate quality, classic and timeless features into the weekends.

A denim dress is a fabulous way to incorporate classic elements into your casual wardrobe.











Dress: Nordstrom || Lace Up Block Heels: Vince Camuto - comes in several colors || 
Earrings: Here || Polish: Essie || 
More denim dress options: Here - Here and Here 

Dress Beautifully in a Denim Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: