Apr 19, 2016

Dot. Dot. Dot.


When your talking classic, forever prints, polka dots are going to be near the top. Now I don't have a lot of polka dot print in my wardrobe.  It's not that I don't like it, I just like other prints better.  I also find that polka dot pieces can either have a juvenile or retro vibe.  I neither want to look too young nor like I'm ready for a midcentury costume party.   Another reason why I may not have brought these spots into my closet is that I prefer lighter and cleaner/less busy palettes.

When I saw this dress it spoke to me! Ladies that's how you should approach your wardrobe and interior design for that matter. It's bright white (my favorite color to wear), the spots are larger with more blank space, and the silhouette is ultra feminine.

Sleeveless dresses are my go-to for all year wear.  They're cool in the summer and perfect for layering over and under in lower temperatures.   This high neck creates more interest than your basic crew or v neckline and you can't go wrong with a waist cinching sash.
Styling Tip:  Exchange the self fabric sash with a leather belt to create a contrast and add texture.

I wore this dress to church and added some pizzazz with a pair of shiny red patent leather sandals.  For the office, I believe you can still strut in red sandals but in letting the dress and print speak for itself I opted for classic black pumps in this look.

Go ahead, sport some spots ...







Polka Dot Dress: Ann Taylor || Pumps: Nine West || Polish: Essie || 

Dress Beautifully in Dots

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: