Apr 26, 2016

Seas the Day


I've always had an affection for nautical style from my days in college by the beach to now as a Naval Officer's wife.  The stripes, anchors, and gold buttons take you to a place of bright sunny days and sandy warm beaches.

Typically nautical pieces are casual because let's face it sailing on a boat or strolling along the shore calls for cool cotton and bare feet.   So when I find skirts, pants or dresses that incorporate nautical elements appropriate for the office I'm headed straight to the dressing room.

I was quite excited at the sight of these shiny gold buttons on this tailored pencil skirt.  Slightly surprised at the black color (I prefer navy) but I suppose a gal does have to have some black in her closet and contrasted against lighter shades it is quite sharp!

I didn't want to distract or take attention away from the gold button detail but I wasn't quite in the mood for my normal solid top so I went with a pinstriped shirt.  When prints are so small you can't see them from far away you can style them as a solid.

Pair this skirt with a denim top,  printed top or brightly colored top.  Swap out pumps for wedges for a more casual look.







Sailor Skirt: Loft || Pinstripe Shirt: J Crew || Pumps: Nine West || 
More Nautical Options: Here - Here & Here

Dress Beautifully in a Sailor Skirt

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: