Apr 13, 2016

Off the Shoulder


One of the biggest trends this Spring and Summer is the off-the-shoulder top.  They've hit the fashion scene and quickly became a must have!

I quickly jumped on board and ordered this top back when the weather was still cold. So it's been staring at me for weeks every time I walk into my closet, teasing me.  I NEED warmer weather so I can shimmy around in it!

Tibi's design kick started this fabulous trend and thank goodness designers have all created their own versions at a variety of price points.

Not all off-the-shoulder tops are created equal.  I like this one because the top elastic only spans the shoulders and back leaving the front neckline smooth and stationary.  It makes for a more comfortable fit and easier movement with wear.  Elastic of any design or placement can be restrictive but it can also create functionality.  It's a piece by piece evaluation - hence the rule of always trying things on.  With an off-the-shoulder top make sure the elastic isn't too snug and that you can move your arms without the top springing up.

Back in the 80's off-the-shoulder tops were super tight and fitted and often worn tucked into high waisted pants.  And while that look can be snazzy, I'm all about the causal, tunic cut of today's top.  It's light and loose and easy to wear for all body types. Although ladies, you will have to switch to a strapless bra. But it's worth it!  Showing off your shoulders, one of the smallest features on the feminine frame is very flattering.

I paired this top with a pair of distressed jeans and wedges for a casual look.  Come summer time wear with shorts and sandals or for evening skinny pants and heels.

You must jump on this trend and add an off-the-shoulder top to your wardrobe!
Truth: I've also added an off-the-shoulder dress to mine :)








Off the shoulder top: Free People || Jeans: J Crew || Wedges: Tory Burch - Similar & Here ||

Lots of off-the-shoulder tops Here 

Dress Beautifully in an Off-the-Shoulder Top

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: