Apr 29, 2016

Goddess


I'm definitely a dress gal.  They're feminine, comfortable and easier to fit.  Dresses make me feel pretty and like myself.  Ladies, if your clothes aren't doing that for you it's time to evaluate your wardrobe!

One of my favorite things about Spring and Summer fashion, besides the return of bright white and linen fabric, is maxi dresses.  They make me feel long and tall (which is a big deal).  Maxi dresses while commonly casual manage to make me feel like i'm dressed for a special occasion.  When I think full length dresses, I imagine weddings and fundraisers. But design a full length frock in cotton and you're bringing the fancy to the weekend.

Personally I get a little anxious when I think about short season as my legs aren't my favorite.  So when I'm having those days where I feel like being covered, maxi dress to the rescue!
And what's even more fun, is that their easy breezy design is perfect for a little twirling!

Oh and gals, go ahead and invest in hemming.  Your legs don't need to be elongated with heels (no one can see them) so treat your self to comfortable flat sandals.
Note: I'm 5'2" and did not have to hem this dress and it's not petite.

I added a wide leather woven belt to break up the solid color and add texture. I adore woven belts because you can adjust their size.






Maxi Dress: Banana Republic || Sandals: Tory Burch || Belt: Michael Kors || 
Earrings: Kendra Scott || 

More Maxi Dresses: Here & Here

Dress Beautifully in a Maxi Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love that dress and color on you! Effortless.