Apr 10, 2016

DB is Back!

Dear beautifully dressed gals,

I want to sincerely apologize for my absence (it's been waaaaaay too long!)

It wasn't anticipated and I'm not happy about it.  There are times in life where the gears shift into survival mode and some things you must put on hold, like playing dress up and writing about it.

So while I wasn't sharing my take on styling, I was however busy as a bee preparing for big, amazing and life changing events.  As you may know, Mr is a medical officer in the US Navy and has been deployed to the Middle East since the beginning of October.  Wow, as I write that it just seems like forever ago, and to be honest it felt like he'd been gone forever most days.  Moving back to the Queen City to our new home all by myself came with it's own mile long to-do list that included a career change and reintegrating myself into our community and organizations I had left 3 years ago.  March was a tough time.  I was trying to hold myself together while tying up loose ends, bringing projects to fruition and preparing myself to welcome home my great love!

Life is full of challenges and while I consider myself a gal that loves the sense of accomplishment, enduring a military deployment is by far the HARDEST thing I've ever done!!!!
I tried not to dwell on the weeks of silence not hearing from him or knowing what he was doing or what country he was in, or on the empty side of the bed or chair at the dining room table.  I tried hard not to cry when I'd walk past a wedding photo in our home or when I'd see his favorite food at the grocery store.  Let's not even talk about love songs played on the radio - I couldn't fight that, I just let the tears flow!

But one night when I was at my lowest feeling completely heartbroken I realized I had more blessings of support, encouragement and love than I could ever dream of!  My military gal pals though far away since my move, called me almost every single day. Every day! They dried my tears and picked me up when I was broken and shared laughs and silly stories from their darling kiddos which always brings a smile.  We shared a bond that lasts a lifetime.  I had friends from cities near and far sending me strength to make it each and every day.  I also had the gals here at home keeping me going with weekly fellowship and cheer.  And thank goodness I had my family close by checking on me and making sure I was hugged often and even fed me delicious meals (they know I can't cook worth anything).
It was the selfless love of others that granted me the courage to endure.  It was also these special people that were celebrating with me when it came time to welcome my sailor home into my arms and back where he belongs.

So I survived! And guess what?!!!

HE'S HOME!!! Our family is reunited and whole! God is so good!!!

I nearly thought my heart would explode that late night when I saw his handsome face! I wish I could share what it felt like but there just aren't words to do it justice nor enough exclamation points!

I still can't believe it and there are still tough days ahead as we can only see each other on weekends for the next 4 months as he completes his duty on the military base but it's nothing but love in our world and I couldn't be happier!

Now it's time to get the routine back which includes sharing all about dressing beautifully.

When it came time to picking out the ensemble I would wear when he would see me for the first time I knew what I wanted.  I had had several gal pals welcome their husbands home from deployment over the years and had experience helping them with styling.

I tell all the gals to choose a solid colored dress in a feminine aline cut, minimal jewelry and low heeled shoes.  You want to look classic and effortless.

I went with an ivory dress with a v neckline and ruffled hem.  It was quintessentially me!
The most beautiful part was our big bright smiles! #overjoyed



And I don't even care that my face is all red from the big tears of joy - these images are reminders of just how beautifully blessed we are to have each other as husband and wife!

Now that you've read all about my big month I hope you give me some grace and forgive me for being absent here.

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: