Apr 25, 2016

Grit & Grace

Today is a good day to share with you about the real life Sarah Louise, since today is my 33rd birthday!
 I’d like to think of myself as the perfect combination of grit and grace.
My Mamma raised me to be tough as nails, hug generously and to always be as sweet as pie!  She’s the one that cultivated this hot mess from scratch.

Laws to Live by
• Love God & Love Others
• Give Grace Abundantly
• Dress Beautifully Always
• Pretty is as Pretty Does
• Smile Even When it Hurts
• Work Harder than You think You Can
• Sweat at Least 5 Days a Week
• Ketchup makes Everything Better
• Cats will make you Laugh Every Time
• Pink goes with Everything
• Quality over Quantity
• Southern Hospitality is a Way of Life

The favorites ...
• Mr
• Lemons
• Champagne
• Gal Pals
• Red Lipstick
• Crisp White Shirts
• Easter Sunday
• Gold Everything
• Red Hair
• Military – give thanks to those who serve!
• Vintage Décor & Linens
• Magnolias
• My double name – honors the strong women of my family
• Dark Chocolate – Treat Yo Self!
• Firearms
• Handwritten Notes
• Grace Covenant Church

The Unlikes
• Naked Nails
• My Painful Feet
• Beets - Ewwwww
• Christmas (Yes, I’m a Grinch & please don’t try and reform)
• Disease – Especially the Big ‘C’
• Scary Movies
• Food – very little excites me, just need to tame the belly growl/fuel for strength
• Texting & driving – Seriously!!
• Shorts – I wasn’t blessed with hot legs 
• Washing my hair – so I only do it twice a week (aint nobody got time)

Wishing I Could
• Hula Hoop
• Cook (the struggle is real)
• Sing (nails on a chalk board)
• Have Skinny Ankles
• Stop watching reality tv (Bravo steals hours of my life I’ll never get back)
• Work in the Fashion Industry
• Hook my brassiere behind my back

Obsessions
• List making
• T. Swift – Dance Partay!!!!
• Black Coffee Extra Strong
• Emojis – can’t text without them and the heart kitty is overused
• Hugs – I’m a toucher!
• Holding hands
• Mamma – she’s everything!
• Faux tanner – red heads don’t tan and wrinkles/disease are Epic Fails
• Princess Kate’s wardrobe
• Fine Fabric
• Emily Post Etiquette
• ‘Scragley Paul’ (Our Cat) – I deny all accusations of being a #crazycatlady

Leftover Info
• Married to Medicine/US Naval Officer.  Mr’s had my heart for 10 years, 7 of which were long distance, 1 year he was deployed and 6 have been in married bliss!
• Oldest of 4 kiddos – 3 gals and brother
• Nerd! Degrees in Biology, Chemistry and Math – I was even a Chemist for 3 years
• North Carolina has always been home
• Passion for public service
• Junior Leaguer – give back!
• Play the flute – Yes that one time I was a band geek
• Hosting Shindigs & Soirees makes me happy
• Yard work is surprisingly enjoyable
• Old Lady at heart – bring on the lace, toile and broaches

After taking a look through the window of my 33 year old life I hope you get a clearer picture as to who I am as a gal living this overly blessed life! 

Dress Beautifully it’s Your Birthday!!!

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: