May 27, 2016

Friday 5: Memorial Day

TGIF!!!! … the excitement never fades!

It’s another edition of my Friday 5 favorites.  This one is all about what I’ll be wearing this Memorial Day weekend.  This year is special because I rarely get to spend it with Mr and it’s our first long weekend in the 2 months he’s been back from deployment! Cheers to that!

We will be spending it on the coast of NC with our dear friends.  Our goal was ‘toes in the sand’ and our ‘buns in the sun’ but the weather has a different plan #BOO L  But we won’t let rain ruin our party. My bikini is packed and I’m keepin the faith for some sunshine!

This look is what I typically wear on Saturday’s running errands, brunching with my gal pals or just chillin at home.
Distressed jeans, tank top, sandals and a baseball hat (essential when it’s day 4, or let’s be real 5, of not washing my hair).
Side Note: Distressed jeans are just the best! They’re soft and already broken in.  Something about those ripped up holes make me feel super cool – Mr “Whatever you need to tell yourself”  Bless him, I AM cool! J

Also, tank tops are not all created equal.  It must conceal ALL of my bra straps, not be too clingy and not too loose that I look like a sac either.  These tanks in linen are the perfect balance of softness and shape.

Since it’s summer, I ditch the blues and am almost exclusively wearing white denim.  I found these distressed boyfriends a few days ago and am thoroughly excited to wear them this weekend.  They have just the right about of rips, loose but not too big of a fit, and super soft fabric. 

The tote.  It’s a must in your handbag inventory.  Currently I’m a fraud.  I don’t have one. I want one but I’m having commitment issues! My elbow bags have been great over the years but I need variety. I’m finding them a bit cumbersome when I’m shopping or traveling.  A tote is a NEED!  But how do I chose?  It’s basically coming down to price. I have so many designer bags on my wish list that a compromise is going to have to happen.  Stay tuned.
This tote is on my list of options and the price is right!

This hat is my #1 go-to for hats.  The needlepoint flag says it all. Check out Smathers and Branson’s other needlepoint items including belts and gifts for the menfolk.  
Tip:  Opt for darker ball caps, they hide the inevitable make up stains from your forehead.  Oh and it’s a given for your  ball caps to have the hole for your pony tail.

Whatever you’re doing this Memorial Day weekend, whether it’s vacationing, grilling out, partying with friends or just relaxing at home, please take time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, their lives, for our country and freedom!  It’s a strong reminder of just how grateful I am that Mr returned home safely to me!




Flag Hat  -  Tank  -  Distressed White Jeans  -  Sandals  -  Tote 

Dress Beautifully this Memorial Day Weekend

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: