May 4, 2016

All American


In case you missed my earlier post on Gingham, or live under a rock you should be aware that this print of large checked squares is Hot Hot Hot on the scene. 

It has that All American, Summer picnic vibe.   And after that visual how could you not want to go outside and enjoy a sandwich and cold lemonade?!!

In my Southern family, July 4th was celebrated with lots of enthusiasm.  Living in a free country with the abundant privileges that we have, is something to always be grateful for.  Just watch the news, we are blessed! 
When I think of America I think of a home, family, hamburgers & hotdogs, backyards and simple happiness. And of course the colors red, white and blue.

Personally, those stars and stripes mean everything to me and Mr.  He serves this country as a US Navy medical officer and his father , both grandfathers and all his uncles served our country in the military. Over 100 years in combined service!!  His recent deployment although extremely hard, made me very proud of our sacrifice in protecting what we value most, our home, the USA!

I embraced the ‘American’ vibes styling this gingham top in the classic red, white & blue colors.

When it comes to white jeans "The Struggle is Real".  They're not very forgiving.  If constructed too stretchy and thin it can do a disservice to your lower body.   I'm very happy to see that straight and wide leg jeans are coming back.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE my skinnies but a looser cut on white jeans is much more favorable.

I’ll definitely be wearing this look a lot this summer J









Gingham Top: Anthropologie - Similar & Here - Here - Here & Here ||
White Straight Jeans: Loft || Red Sandals: Tory Burch ||
 Earrings: Similar || Sunglasses: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in Red White & Blue Gingham

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: