May 2, 2016

May Flowers


April Showers Bring May Flowers! 

It was a rainy weekend and rather than being inconvenienced by the mess I find myself very happy when the clouds water my plants.  I’ve been working so hard on our yard for 7 months, which is a big deal because I have black thumbs but our landscaping was just dated, overgrown and needed an overhaul.  Taking out bushes, trees and what felt like miles of ivy was an amazing and very rewarding stress reliever while Mr was deployed.  And as a bonus, it was a killer workout and improved my upper body strength.  You’d think after several months of labor it’d be ‘Southern Living Magazine’ ready but sadly it’s still a long work in progress.

With the help of my Mamma – a certified botanist in my book, I planted all new bushes and flowers in our beds and on corners last month.   It’s funny, I never really cared or appreciated plants like I do now.  I’ve worked so hard to keep them alive that I am now invested and want them to flourish.  I’ve even filled my sunroom and just about every other room in our house with plants.  Watching them grow seriously brings me joy! #winning

I’ve never been one to have fresh bouquets of flowers in our home and Mr knows I prefer hand written notes over chocolate and blooms.  I mean fresh flowers die & chocolate isn’t good for my figure.
Note: I often give potted plants when meeting a new neighbor or for a hostess.  They’re a gift that you can foster and enjoy for extended time.

What I do love, is floral prints.  I prefer my fabrics and my prints to be natural because there is nothing more beautiful than God’s own creations.  So bring on the animal spots & stripes and all the pretty plants.

Wearing floral prints brings life to your look.  The colors just make you smile and think of warm sunny days.

Printed pants aren’t a staple or foundation piece but you can’t be boring and strut solely in solids.  
Now, I’m not one to draw attention to my lower body/legs but prints are very camouflaging while making a statement.
These irises are just beautiful! Of all the pretty petals out there magnolias and irises are my favs! I even found a single iris plant growing beside our house last week.  Talk about finding treasure!
I scored these pants at Nordstrom rack but I’ve linked lots of pretty options for you below.
I paired them with a navy racer back top and cognac leather belt for a bit of casual and a pump to add polish.  Mix it up gals!
And as for pairing options, the sky’s the limit.  You have lots of colors to choose from and if you’re extra adventures double up with another print like stripes or polka dots J


Sprinkle some statement pieces into your wardrobe and start with a pair of floral pants! 







Floral Pants: Tory Burch - Similar & HereHere & Here & Here || Tank: J Crew || 
Pumps: Tory Burch || Belt: Madewell || Earrings: Kendra Scott || 

Dress Beautifully in Floral Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: