May 20, 2016

Friday 5: Pretty in Pink

So I thought I'd start something new and share with you 5 favorites and/or crushes of the week.  It might get a little miscellaneous each Friday but hey, I can be miscellaneous sometimes.  I say crushes because I'm a normal gal in an over indulgent world so not everything I 'crush' on will make it into my closet.  Sometimes it's a matter of waiting for a sale and sometimes you just keep on crushing.


Plaid Top: J Crew || Crop Jeans: Banana Republic || Pink Sandals: Louise Et Cie ||
Earrings: Kendra Scott || Bucket bag: Mansur Gavriel ||


Top:
It's not a secret I love pink, Mamma can testify I always have and always will!  So this pink gingham top with the bow - need I say more??  

Shoes:
These pink shoes have actually been on my feet.  I was walking through Nordstrom and my eye went straight to them, and no wonder, they're bright and made by one of my most favorite shoes designers 'Louise Et Cie'.  I L.O.V. E. her designs of quality and comfort. They haven't come home 'yet' because I've already brought home shoes this month. 
And for the record I like mixing all these shades of pink.  Sure you could have gone with a neutral shoe but in mixing several shades of a color it makes for an interesting and fun palette.

Earrings:
Now these are cool! 

Bucket Bag:
Bucket bags are a bit outside of my style zone. However, this up and coming designer, Mansur Gavriel has me taking a second look!  Bucket bags were the jam back in the 90's and for a while now they've popped back up in the handbag scene but my style is more classic than trendy.  My gal pal just got this bag in black and loves it.  I like the idea of a 'trendy' bag just not sure I'm willing to commit.  I always say, you have to stick to what 'YOU' like not what the world or your gal pals are liking.  Perhaps at a lower price point I'll bite the bucket bag trend.

Note:  this bag comes in multiple lining colors - how cool is that?!
Also if you're local to Charlotte you can purchase at Capitol

Jeans:
And the jeans, I'm totally digging the crop jeans.  They're flattering on the leg, slightly hip with the selvage hem and they show off your cute summer shoes :)

Note: There are tutorials online to DIY your own crop jeans with a distressed hem.  I haven't decided if I'm going to purchase or take a pair I haven't worn in a while and give them a new look. Stay Tuned! 

Dress Beautifully in My Friday Finds

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: