May 26, 2016

Shoulders & Seersucker


Every year just before Easter I get all excited about bringing my favorite light weight fabrics in their fresh light colors out of storage. I smile as I hang each piece back in my closet remembering the occasion and memories I made in it the year before.  My seersucker suit is one of those special and  distinct pieces that I treasure.

Seersucker is the Southerner’s signature summer swag. The seersucker suit is a staple for church and weddings in the warmer months, not only for keeping cool in cotton vs wool but for its pastel stripes.

I think that most think of the seersucker suit is for the menfolk and a sundress for the gals.  I mean let’s be honest I do have a seersucker sundress but I also love a good set.
The key to embracing the suit as a lady is to opt for a dress and/or skirt as opposed to pants.  Yes, you must have pant suits but embrace the feminine side and add variety.  Especially in the summer, we are made of sweet sugar that melts!

I like to get the most out of my investments and the key to doing so is to separate the pieces for endless outfit options.

For this look I took the skirt from my seersucker suit and paired it with THE hottest trend right now, an off the shoulder top. 
An instant weekend look that’s casual yet very polished.  I swapped out the heels I would normally wear with my suit for wedges. 

I love this blouse for its short sleeves and the option to not show your shoulders by pulling the neckline up for those occasions where you might want more coverage or ease of movement.


Gals, get creative and mix up your classic and trendy pieces! 










Off the Shoulder Top: J Crew || Seersucker Skirt: Brooks Brothers - Similar & Here || 
Wedges: Similar & Here || Sunglasses: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in an Off the Shoulder Top & Seersucker

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: