May 6, 2016

Uniform of Honor

Today is ‘National Military Spouse Appreciation Day’. So I'm sharing a different type of dressing, one that's like no other.

 I never thought I’d be married to a US Naval Officer, but here I am proud and honored!


When we started dating 10 years ago, pause for ‘wow moment’, Mr was pursuing a career in medicine and I admired his heart for service and helping others.  But that passion went deeper.  He comes from a family of military service, father, both grandfathers and 3 uncles.  There is over 100 years of service combined!  So, you could say it’s in his blood. As we prepared for our wedding day nearly 6 years ago, we both prayed and came to the decision to join the US Navy where he would serve as a medical officer following the completion of his education.
I was so scared!  I honestly had no idea what that meant.  After leaving my career, my home in Charlotte, my friends and family, I believed my life was over.  Instead, I received the greatest blessing of my life, the privilege of being a military wife!
The sacrifice these service members and their families make for our freedom and protection is selfless, admirable and priceless.
I can also say with great passion and love that it’s the bond among us military wives that’s equally as invaluable!  My military gal pals are my sisters for life.  We support and encourage one another unconditionally.  They will have my heart forever! My gratitude is endless!!
While this isn’t an ‘outfit’ post I ask that you take a moment to recognize those in uniform and their families.  The camouflage, medals and boots represents much more than a job, it’s a symbol of strength, pride and honor!

Every once in a while, we need some encouragement to get through times of great challenge.
Here are some quotes that inspired & helped me through the tough times as a Navy Wife…
·         I’m the girl who waits months for a single kiss. A kiss that make the months apart worth every second
·         I may not be able to fill their shoes but I will always support our troops
·         She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way (and it surely has not), she adjusted her sails -Elizabeth Edwards
·         No matter how far you go, no matter where you go, my heart is always with you
·         No matter how expensive the pillow is it could never be as comfortable as my husband’s shoulder
·         I’ll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms.
·         I won’t give up on us, God knows I’m tough enough, We’ve got a lot to learn, God knows we’re worth it – Jason Mraz
·         I’ll Be Waiting. Every. Single. Time.
·         You are my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye
·         A successful marriage involves falling in love with the same person, many times.
·         The worst part is waiting. The best part is having someone worth waiting for.
·         You’re worth every mile between us
·         A strong woman is one who is able to smile like she wasn’t crying last night.
·         I refuse to sink
·         I keep myself busy with things to do but every time I pause, I still think of you.
·         I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it
·         Don’t judge that I’m one of the few girls strong enough to live this life. Don’t judge because I’m one of the few girls willing to make sacrifices to love a man half-way around the world. Respect me for giving love and support to a man fighting for our freedom.
·         One day we will won’t have to say goodbye, only goodnight
·         “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
·         Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle but a beautiful reminder of how strong our love can be
·         I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can and endure any circumstance or reach across any distance
·         Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
·         He risks his life for people he doesn’t even know, Imagine what he’ll do for me
·         Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and love him always
·         With you, I’m home.



Dressed Beautifully in Honor, are the Men & Women Who Serve!


XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: