May 31, 2016

Marigold


Marigolds are small scented flowers that bloom annually in a golden orange yellow color.  Their bright saturated color is so unique that it’s responsible for the color’s name.  It truly is golden orange yellow because it’s equal parts all 3.  It’s rich which is why I love it so!  And because I love things that can’t quite fit into the ‘box’. 

I find that gals are weary of wearing orange and yellow, hence Marigold is just right. 

My favorite pairings are navy, plum, burgundy and forest green for darker looks, and Carolina blue, lavender and pink for lighter looks.

Like I’ve shared with you here & here, Gingham is the print of the season.  So this top with its sash tied in a sweet bow is perfection!


I went with a lighter neutral palette and styled this top with ivory trousers, perfect for the office.  But how cute would it be with white jeans or shorts?!!  Think about going outside the neutral box and choose a complimentary color from my list above, I’m thinking baby pink shorts will be my pick for this weekend. 








Gingham Bow Top || Ivory Trousers || Sandals || 


Find more Marigold options Here.

Dress Beautifully in Marigold


XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: