May 18, 2016

All Flared Up


Flares are firing up in the denim world.  High waists and big bottoms are all the rage.  Take this 70’s trend and the bright whites of Summer and you have a perfect blend of chic.
I can’t get enough of white jeans from Easter to Labor day.  Well let’s be honest, I can’t get enough white in my wardrobe all year round but in being a good Southern rule follower I only strut in them during Spring & Summer.  It’s safe to say that white jeans are almost a ‘uniform’ for my weekends.

White is just so light and fresh and not to mention cool.  Summer isn’t just for being outside in the sun, it’s also about surviving the heat!
White jeans go with everything!  You can even go monochromatic and pair with a white top – I love an all-white look!
And is it just me, aren’t white jeans so much softer than the blues??

If you’re worried about transparency, looser cuts like boyfriend and straight leg are more flattering that the skin hugging skinnies. 

I went with a classic pairing and topped these white flares with a chambray top. Chambray shirts are at the top of my list of classics because like jeans they go with everything!  This one is a favorite for it’s flattering and comfortable cuffed sleeves.

I wanted to embrace the 70’s vibe so I highlighted the waist with a textured leather belt.  There are other ways like adding leather fringe, rose colored glasses or a headband but I’m more about inspiration that exact mimicking. It’s not Halloween.  Also note, wedges are essential for us petite gals when it comes to getting the bells off the ground.  They’re great for obtaining height while still maintaining the ability to walk comfortably.





Sometimes you just gotta 'Throw Caution to the Wind'

Chambray Shirt: Banana Republic || White Flare Jeans: Loft || Belt: Michael Kors || 
Wedges: Similar - Here - Here || Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Flares

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: