Jun 15, 2016

Short Suit


Summer is the season for shorts.  Dressing in this Southern heat is all about comfort and keeping cool.  Shorts aren't my favorite as they by nature expose more leg than I'd like.  I choose shorts that are what I call a mid-length.  Not too short and not down to my knees - a 4"-5" inseam is my preference.

Since I'm a dressy kind of gal, I added chic to this causal garment by pairing with a blazer; Creating the 'short suit'.  Typically causal pieces, such as shorts, designed in a nicer fabric takes the piece up a notch.  I like mixing my my work wear and weekend wear garments.  It makes for an stylish ensemble.

I went with a monochromatic palette in crisp, clean white.  I went with a neutral wedge and kept my accessories simple.  Gals, it's better to keep your accessories to a minimum as you want to achieve an effortless look.  Like Coco Chanel said "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory".

Over styling = gaudy!

Try dressing up your shorts with blouses and blazers for a chic look for weekend brunches, parties or date nights.






Jacket: Ann Taylor || Camisole: J Crew || Shorts: Loft || 
Wedges: Tory Burch || Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in a Short Suit

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: