Jun 8, 2016

Everything's Coming Up Roses


Nowadays you don’t often get the response ‘Everything’s coming up Roses’  -  Meaning life is wonderful, when asking how someone is doing.  Personally I feel it’s a shame.
Note: Peachy Keen is another phrase I like to say J

Now,  I’m going to be transparent with you, I have felt like life is wonderful from the moment Mr returned home to me from his deployment overseas 10 weeks ago.  Life wasn’t less wonderful before and life isn’t free from problems now, but something about being separated from each other has us both looking at life with a grateful heart.

Putting on this swingy dress has me also feeling wonderful.  This is the first year I’ve embraced swing dresses and I’m smitten.  I’ve always worn sheath and a-line dresses because for my body shape a waist seem is the most flattering.  I wanted to highlight my petite upper body and camouflage my lower.  While I still believe these designs are the most flattering, I like that I now have diversity in these easy breezy pieces.

To avoid being swallowed by fabric, there are a couple of things to look for in these trapeze style dresses.  They should in fact be in a trapeze cut – smaller on the top and more voluminous on the bottom – think of a triangle shape. Sleeveless and/or v-neck will elongate and show some skin which balances the shapeless body of the piece. The front hem should fall slightly above the knee; again this balances proportions in showing enough leg.

This dress in fact has all of these elements!  In addition, the print enhances its shape/design with a printed round neckline and triangular color block panels.  And to add beauty on beauty, there are sweet flowers printed throughout.  So how could you not want to swing around and around??!!!

I’ve worn this dress several times and found myself constantly receiving compliments and cool as a cucumber outside in this scorching Southern heat!


Add some swing to your summer wardrobe!








Swing Dress: Anthropologie || Wedges: Tory Burch || Earrings: Kendra Scott || 

Dress Beautifully in a Swing Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: