Jun 16, 2016

Tortoise

Tortoise is the name of land dwelling reptiles aka very large turtles. In the fashion world, tortoise most commonly refers to a resin material designed in amber, brown and black, to resemble the shell of the tortoise animal. 
I’ve shared with you many times that animal prints are my preferred prints over graphics because of their neutral colors and because they are natural.  I think of them as God’s art work.  While you can’t really replicate the true intricacy of these prints as they are one of a kind to each animal, like our fingerprints, textiles have come very close to conveying their beauty.

Because I love tortoise accessories so much and wear them on a very frequent basis I thought I’d share my favorites with you.

ALL of my hair accessories are tortoise!  I like to style my mane in a variety of styles. I truly don’t know how gals coif their manes the same way day in and day out #Boring!  I need strong clips to hold my massive locks in place and I also need them to be pretty and discrete.   Gals, it is not appropriate to have pony tail elastics on your wrist (keep them in your purse) or to have brightly colored one’s in your hair(unless you’re exercising – I’m all about bright colors for my sweat sessions).  You want your hair style to look effortless and polished.  Tortoise as well as solid neutral clips & pins that correspond with your hair color do just that.

As for jewelry and other accessories, tortoise print offers a unique texture in a smooth glossy resin as well as a subtle print.  In rich neutral shades they go with everything!  I also find that because tortoise is a blend of brown and black that it’s much softer that just solid darks.

Just for fun, did you know that a tortoises generally have a longer lifespan than any other animal often exceeding 150 years!!

Go accessorize yourself in pieces with the classic tortoise print. 


1.   2.   3.   4.    5.    6.    7.     8.    9.    10.   11.   12.   13. 

Dress Beautifully in Tortoise

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: