Jun 17, 2016

Friday 5: Snack Attack

TGIF!!! I've never had a Friday I didn't look forward to ...  ok maybe not never but it's very very rare.

I warned you that my 'Friday 5' post would be a bit random but so is life.

It may sound silly but snacks are a big part of my everyday life routine.  Let me first be clear I am NOT a foodie!!! I get little to no excitement when it comes to something yummy; sigh I know it's epically weird and I'm basically a unicorn but I eat for nutrition, fuel and to make my belly stop hurting.

Because I exercise daily I'm hungry every 2-3 hours.  It's rather annoying and inconvenient but I've managed it by always having snacks in my purse, car and in my office desk drawer.

I also try and eat as non processed as possible.  I intake several types of fruit and vegetables every single day.  When it comes to snacks, finding something prepackaged that doesn't contain chemicals and processing is very hard.  So I do the best I can in selecting natural items and ones that contain protein to help fuel my muscles.

So here are some of the snacks I eat regularly ...

Skinny Pop:
aka 'Crack in a Bag'.  Man do I Love popcorn and these yummy kernels will have you shoveling by the handful!  You can purchase it in gigantic bags at the big bulk stores or in individual size bags perfect for taking to work.  FYI the original flavor is my go-to.

Fruit Sticks:
I discovered this snack from one of my mom gal pals.  They're actually manufactured as kid snacks but I find them just as delicious for grown ups.

Jerky:
These dehydrated slivers of meat come in tons of yummy flavors and packed full of protein.  They'll keep you going when you have long stretches between meals.

Nut Thins:
I'm not a cracker person because they're packed full of bleached carbs and unhealthy junk.  These don't contain flour and instead made from nuts so again another snack with protein.  They're crunchy and addicting!

Larabars:
I saved the best for last.  These bars are my jam!  I've been eating them for over 7 years now.  They are made of very few ingredients with absolutely no additives.  The best part is that they literally taste  like dessert!  Lemon is my most favorite but I haven't met one I didn't like.

You can find most of these at your local grocery; stock up so you're ready for the next Snack Attack!



Dress Beautifully and Eat Good Snacks

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: