Jun 24, 2016

Friday 5: 5 min Face

The 5 min face was the beginning of learning to primp for me and it’s been a practice I’ve continued.  My Mamma taught me how to apply my makeup.  Despite her instruction, I struggled in the beginning and it was embarrassingly a bit loud in my high school years (think bright blush and blue eye shadow ekk!)  because I had not yet matured to the realization that makeup is for enhancing your natural beauty not to be used like paint on a canvas. Over the years I’ve added to my makeup routine with eyeliners, highlighters, primers etc…

Subtlety is key gals.  God made our faces beautiful so makeup should simply define and highlight.

I’ll admit during the work week and for church I put on a full face but now that it’s Summer I like to keep it simple on the weekends and while on vacation.  It’s also healthy for your skin to lighten up on the products.
Mr loves it when I’m more natural.  Most menfolk do.  The more casual your dress, hair and makeup are the more your natural beauty shines!

So here are my 5 favorite products for my 5 minute face:

Foundation
My gal pal introduced me to this foundation and I’m sold for life!  Yes, it’s a bit expensive but it lasts over 6 months and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.  It’s light weight yet provides great coverage all day.

Blush
This blush is award winning!  It’s a peachy pink with a slight luster giving all skin complexions a perfect rosy cheek.

Brow Powder
Having red locks means that my brows are very light in color.  They’re also very thin.  I believe that eyebrows are very important as they frame the face.  I had a hard time finding a product that would complement my hair color and look natural.  This powder is light and really makes my eyes and face more defined. I use a flat brush to apply into my natural brow adding just a bit of darkening and depth.

Mascara
I’ve been wearing this one for many many years.  I’ve tried so many other and I always come back to this one.  I have found that mascara is a very personal thing for each individual gal. I don’t believe there is a one mascara fits all.  You have to find what works for your lashes.  Think of it like your hair – we all have different elements to work with.  This mascara lengthens and separates.  I don’t really need the volume.  I do not use waterproof as I feel that it is harsh on your lashes and causes more breakage because it’s so hard to remove at the end of the day.

Lipgloss
Another long term staple, this gloss has enough pigment for my liking and stays on the best.  I’m a lipstick gal all the way because I like saturated pigments that last.  I have tiny lips and need all the color I can get.  I also like the purple-ish color.  It’s softer than my go-to classic red and perfect for when I want a more natural look.


Foundation  -  Blush  -  Eyebrow Powder  -  Mascara  -  Lipgloss  

Dress Beautifully in a 5 Minute Face 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: