Jun 3, 2016

Friday 5: Date Night

This TGIF came a whole lot faster – can I get an Amen for short work weeks?!!!

Memorial Day weekend was a blast!  Mr and I were together as we visited Beaufort and my sweet gal pal’s shop Beaufort Linen Co. (they’re both a favorite!), followed by two days on Wrightsville Beach with 2 of my gal pals from college.  It was straight up good company and lots of laughs – Can we rewind?!

This weekend is going to be equally as fun.  I’ve got Mr here in the QC and plans with our friends. Oh and it’s the last weekend before I run a half marathon with two of my gals – Not sure if I’ve shared with you how hard we’ve been training over the past couple of months, let’s just say we’ve sweat a lot!!!

One of the best parts about weekends are the date nights.  Mr and I have been long distance for 8 ½ of the 10 years we’ve been together so it hasn’t been easy to make them happen (especially during his most recent deployment in the Middle East) but it makes them all the more special when we do get to escape the world  and just be with each other.

Almost all of our date nights involve dressing up.  We both Love it!! It makes me feel special and it’s just too sad to leave those fancier pieces abandoned in your closet.   
Don’t get me wrong I love a good pizza and movie night in with lots of popcorn snuggled on the couch, but something about stepping out on the town all gussied up creates more sparks!

We have a date night planned for Saturday night, and after my 11 mile run that morning I’ve decided I’m treating myself with bubbles and definitely dessert!!!

So for my Friday 5 this week, it’s all about the date night …

The Dress
First you need a pretty dress, one that makes you feel hot.  If you feel it you look it! I’m obsessed with this dark teal dress.  The spaghetti straps show just enough skin, and the luster and drape of the fabric make it elegant. And having snazzy dresses on hand is important not just for date nights but for weddings, fundraisers, and various other soirees or special occasions throughout the year.  It should be classy and skim the body so that you can enjoy your meal and spirits and perhaps even a little dancing without being constrained.

The Heels
You also need a pair of heels.  No work pumps – you strut in those all week. I’m talking a fun pair of strappy heels.  Do not wear something that rubs, pinches or hurts in any way – that just makes for a unpleasant evening.  I scored this studded pair at the Nordstom Half Yearly Sale this week – you must shop this sale! It’s one of my favorites for bringing home fabulous pieces.  Note: I will be wearing them Saturday night.

Jewelry
Make your accessories a statement.  Shine and sparkle are the way to go, but focus on one piece – too much and you look gaudy!  For my baubles, I’ll either opt for chandelier earrings or a bold bracelet and I always wear a big cocktail ring! It’s a bit ridiculous on my micro mini hands but they go perfectly with a tall glass of champagne!

The Bag
Go small with a clutch or baguette.  This shoulder/cross-body bag has been on my wish list for a couple of years – I’m keeping the faith it will happen sooner rather than later J

Perfume
It’s sooo important!  I’ve been wearing this classic scent since high school – I refuse to do the math on how many years that it.  I prefer stronger scents so definitely the Eau de Parfum.  I can’t speak for all men but I know Mr loves my perfume. 


Emerald Dress: Banana Republic || Studded Heels: Nordstrom || Bag: Louis Vuitton || 
Earrings: Banana Republic || Perfume: Chanel || 

Dress Beautifully for Date Night

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: